Praying About a New Home for Calvary

Labels: ,

Sunday night the deacons made a decision to move forward with recommending that Calvary purchase a piece of property for our future. This was not an easy decision to reach, but a necessary one. The Land Search Ministry Team has done a wonderful job of praying and seeking a new home for us. They have worked extremely hard and have spent many hours looking at properties. They have gone out with God’s glory and our values in mind. It has been our desire to be a neighborhood church and I believe they have found a spot that meets these criteria.

As a church, we should not desire to build a “little kingdom.” I simply want us to be a place where grace will always be found to be amazing. I want our location and buildings to be a center for radical rescue of those who are lost. It is my desire that our campus be a place where wriggling five-year-olds will be trained in righteousness and love. I want us to be a commissioning and sending church for those seeking to spread God’s fame to unreached lands.

I realize that this is hard decision and, as one deacon reminded us in a meeting recently, “It shouldn’t be easy for any of us.” I want to remind all of us that we do serve a Mighty God who has wonderful plans for us. What seems improbable and impossible is possible with Him.

This will be presented to the church body as an official recommendation this Sunday (5-24-09). We will have a family discussion about this on Sunday night, May 31, 2009 at 5:30 p.m., and we will vote on Sunday morning, June 7, 2009. I want to call the church to Fasting-Prayer over the next two weeks. The only way we are going to have the wisdom to know if this is God’s will is if we ask for it…

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)

I have been praying regularly that God will show us the way and that He will cause His peace to overshadow all the decisions we make in His name for His glory. I love being your pastor. Every week God’s gives me the honor of being the pastor at Calvary I count my blessings. I love you so much!

Grace & Peace,

Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment