Archibald Rutledge Senior Adult Bible Study

Labels:

Every Thursday morning I find myself in a room in downtown Spartanburg with a group of people who are hungry and thirsty for God's Word. I have been given the great honor of being their Bible teacher (but often I find that I am the student). They are a group of senior adults who come from all over the county and from many different denominations. Most of them are black women who know their Bible and call me "Baby, "Honey" and "Rev." They have treated me with respect and love.

We have studied James, some of Genesis, some of the Psalms, and are currently going through the greatest stories ever told...the Parables of Jesus. In the future I plan (Lord willing) to lead them through studies of the Life of Christ, more of the Psalms, and Ephesians. I don't think I'll run out of material.

I must admit that there are times I have shown up to Bible Study down and depressed, but have never left feeling that way. They have become my friends and I hope my golden years are spent being just like them. I write this because I want to brag on them, I just love them so deeply.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment