Conversation with Ben

Labels: , ,

On the way home yesterday (9-28-09) I had a most wonderful conversation with our oldest, Ben. Over the phone I could almost feel him "jumping out of his skin" in enthusiasm about his love for God. Lately I have been praying specifically for our kids to greatly enjoy the presence of God through the gift of His Spirit. I ask the Lord to help them in their journey of faith and to fall in love with Him in a fresh way each day. And this is the answer to prayer I get!

We talked about joy and how our relationship with the Creator greatly affects our outlook on life. We even talked about when the joy begins to fade. But I told him that it never needs to fade. Yes, our expectations of being joyfully enthralled with our heavenly Father teaches us that we cannot sustain that high level of jubilance for an entire lifetime, but I just think that's bunk! God doesn't change...we do. So Ben and I finished our conversation with encouraging one another to "fight for joy"!

I am such a blessed man to be the father of such wonderful children. I stand amazed in the overflowing abundant grace of God.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment