Putting Selfishness Aside

Labels: , , ,


I’ve been really selfish by thinking what I would do without Ben being at Calvary Church to help me. I’ve neglected to think of the impact his move would have on his mother and their daily talks. I’ve not thought long and hard about how this would affect his sisters (when he came home he usually went to their room and sat on their bed just to talk). I’ve also not thought through how this would change his relationship with his brother who was just a short drive away. And I’ve certainly not contemplated too much on the youth at Calvary. Yes, I’ve been extremely selfish. His life must go on; he must follow the Lord’s leading in his life just like the rest of us. I am both sad and enthralled at the same time.

We all must move on, one day at a time. There is much serious work to do for our great God here in Boiling Springs. I cannot forget that…I will not forget that. I have wallowed in my self-pity long enough. We will all be just fine, and moving on will not diminish the effect Ben has had, it will only enhance it. The greatest injustice we can do to his, or anybody’s, ministry is to curl up in a ball and suck our thumb. It’s time to move on, it’s time to make changes, it’s time to take risks and step out by faith. Are you ready? I am. I am so excited about the future of Calvary Church. I am just thrilled that He allows me a consistent, weekly ministry with people I love deeply. I am so thankful and humbled to exalt and adore our heavenly Father with YOU!

Let’s put our selfish interests aside, roll up our sleeves, pour our hearts out to God in prayer, and serve Him together like we’ve never done before. This will take sacrifice of our time, energies and money. We will need to look deep into our selves and repent of pride, we will need to sincerely strive to honor God in everything, and we will need to follow hard after God.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment