1st Homecoming @ the New Property!

Labels: ,


“Thank you” doesn’t even seem to touch the surface about how I feel toward everyone who helped this past weekend for Homecoming. From those who helped plan, to set up and tear down, those who decorated and built, Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes, the Kitchen Crew, everyone who cooked, baked, mixed and fixed food, the “parking guys”, and those who purchased the chicken and ham! We all owe so much to you for helping make this year’s Homecoming such a successful event. Thank you, every sacrifice of obedience is greatly appreciated.

Something I have grown to realize and appreciate about doing ministry is that it cannot be a one-person show. Long ago somebody said to me (don’t know who), “Many hands make light work.” I can’t imagine giving one person the responsibility to get Homecoming ready. The diversity of the people involved is exciting to see. For example, I didn’t relish the idea of getting up Saturday to go to 4000 Parris Bridge Road and set up tables and chairs. I knew it would be a lot of heavy work. But, as the morning progressed people saw where they fit in and pretty soon we had a slick running machine. And then, to our delightful surprise the Kitchen Crew had ham biscuits for lunch – AWESOME! Yeah, food will do that for me.

To say the least Calvary Church is a pretty neat place to serve. I am grateful for those who are able to put their hand to the plow and get the job done. I am thankful for the many people who stay behind the scenes, not seeking praise, but simply wanting God to be honored through their service.

One more thing I want to add…another “thank you” goes out to those who took the youth to the Hearts on Fire Conference in Gatlinburg, TN on Friday and Saturday. Everything I’ve heard has been great. As a former youth pastor I know how memorable those times can become to the youth. Again, your obedient sacrifice will pay off in the end. Parents and college students, you are a blessing to all of us.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment