Getting Around To It

Labels: ,

I am simply amazed at the love and support you give me as your pastor. I don’t let you know how much I appreciate and love you often enough. If the truth be told, this is something that would take a letter each week to you. I love you and enjoy so much being the pastor of this wonderful flock. Thank you for listening intently to God’s Word each week, for putting up with my weaknesses and failings, for blessing my family, for faithfully honoring God by striving to get the
gospel out into your world, and for many other expressions of your genuine faith.
Too often we put off things until tomorrow that we should do today. My Grandma Linnerud had this wooden coin thumb tacked to her cork board in the kitchen called a “tuit” and when somebody said to her, “I’ll do that when I get around to it”, she would show them that coin. If you will allow me, please let me encourage you from the Scriptures we looked at in Hebrews last Sunday morning…
“But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called ‘today,’ that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.” (Hebrews 3:13)
What step is God asking you to take today? Let me encourage you to take that step today.
What relationship is God asking you to build today for the sake of the gospel? Let me encourage you to begin building that relationship today.
What friend is God asking you to contact today? Let me encourage you to make that contact today.
What sacrifice (time, energy, money, etc.) is God asking you to make today? Let me encourage you to make that sacrifice today.
What letter or card of encouragement is God moving you to write today? Let me encourage you to write that today.
What visit is God prompting you to make today? Let me encourage you to get in the car and visit them today.
Today may only be the beginning of your obedience, but at least it’s a start. All our obedience has to start somewhere, with someone ,and at some point. And when tomorrow rolls around remember: we don’t call tomorrow “tomorrow” when it arrives, we call it today. Each day represents a brand new start with new opportunities to obey God. So let’s do today what God calls us to do while we can still call today today.
Grace & Peace,

Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment