Small Church...Big Love

Labels: , ,

What a great day Sunday! I love getting together with you on Sunday. God’s presence and power never ceases to amaze me; and your love and unity is a beautiful sight to behold as well. I am truly a blessed man to be the pastor of such a wonderful group of Christ-followers. Thank you for honoring God through loving one another.
Let me remind you of the uniqueness of Calvary Church. No, it is not in its programs or big buildings or huge offerings; what makes us special is a commitment to faithfully show love to everyone walking through our doors. That spirit probably won’t bring big crowds, it won’t put us on any ecclesiastical map, and it won’t net us loads of cash; but it will make the name of our great and awesome God famous and build a family of faithful followers. We are not the church to be seen at and we are not ecclesiastically cool. We are a group of people who don’t pretend to have our act together and are honest that we are struggling with “stuff.” When we are transparent like that then the gospel can change us and begin to shape us into the image of Jesus.
It has been my quiet burden that we don’t lose this uniqueness; it has been my private fear that we would when we moved and started to grow. What I have found out is that God has kept us humble by keeping us small. This is what I love about this church. We have no grandiose idea that we are the next mega-church of Spartanburg County; we won’t be and don’t want to be! We are simply trying to love one person or family at a time who will see God’s grace and mercy through that love. And let me tell you, I’ve heard about your love from people who’ve experienced that love not only inside the walls of 4000 Parris Bridge Road, but outside these walls as well!
So I just want to say that I love you, am thankful for you, and am praying that this uniqueness will continue for the glory of God and the building up of God’s church.
Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment