Looking Forward to Glorifying God in 2015!

Labels: ,

2014 is history and 2015 will be lived out for the next 361 days. I am so optimistic about the future of Calvary, not because of what we can do, but because of what God can do. I still sincerely believe that the world is looking for God to do something miraculous through His people. That doesn’t necessarily equate to something big or flashy or spectacular. We can’t put the weight of glory on who we are or what we do; we can put the weight of glory on the reputation of God. You see, that is what’s at stake – God’s reputation. As His children we are called upon by God Himself to spread the fame of God where we are. We must glorify God in His church through selfless following; we must glorify God in our homes; we must glorify God at school; we must glorify God at work; we must glorify God when we play. Everything we do is to be done to reflect God’s majestic and marvelous character.
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)
Will you join me to be a working church striving to honor God in everything? And will you join me in being a praying church asking God to do something that can only be explained by His great and good hand of blessing upon us? If we become a working and praying church, I believe the community will see God in a way they haven’t seen Him for quite a long while. Let’s get ourselves out of the way; let’s put our agendas aside; let’s put our selfish desires in the trash. Let’s roll up our sleeves in selfless servanthood and get on our knees in absolute and utter dependence on God.
I’m praying that 2015 will be a year that we can honestly say we honored God in everything! I love you deeply and desperately. I sincerely want the best for God and you at Calvary. I don’t want people to remember me; I want people to remember our God. Here is a prayer I want us to memorize and pray every day:
“O LORD, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O LORD, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.” (Habakkuk 3:2 ESV)
Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment