An Ode to Spring

Labels: ,

Snow, ice and cold go away,
And, please, don’t come back any day!
We’ve slipped, froze, and had our fun,
Now it’s time for spring to come!
Or, try this one…
Roses are red,
My toes are blue,
Why are my toes blue?
My toes should not be this hue?
I think I’ll take it as a clue
To pray for spring to come and warm my toes of blue.
Ok, I realize I’m not very good at this, but I think it gets my point across – spring can come at any time! We’re all ready for a change. The warmer weather will bring out the beautiful colors that remind us of renewal.
“The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come!” (The Song of Solomon 2:12)
Budding trees and blooming flowers are a reminder that a better day is coming. God has promised us a home where sorrow will be wonderfully absent (Revelation 21:4) and the joy of exultation in God will be beautifully uninterrupted (Revelation 4:8). Oh, what a day that will be. And God’s promises always find their fulfillment in Jesus – He is the “AMEN” to what God says will happen. Because Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to the presence of His Father, we who are His children by grace through faith can expect the same.
“For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.” (1 Thessalonians 4:14)
So, in a weird sort of way we can and should be thankful for the snow, cold and ice, because it is the precursor to spring that reminds us of God’s future grace. Without the winter we would have no spring.
On a final note, I think we can all agree that we’re thankful we don’t live in Boston.
Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment