Things Happen When I Go Away!

Labels: ,

It never ceases to amaze me what God will do when we finally shut our mouths and listen to His Spirit. I know everyone who showed up Sunday morning and Sunday evening were genuinely blessed by a fellow follower of Jesus and lover of Calvary, Keith Higginbotham. I just want you to know why I keep asking him to preach and teach when I am out of town…or maybe if you heard him you don’t need an explanation. God consistently uses Keith to encourage, challenge and convict through the clear and consistent teaching of God’s Word.
I’ve heard all kinds of good things from Sunday night’s meeting. Maybe I should just stay home next time! I’m sorry I missed it but if I had been here I probably would have messed with it. It just proves that when we get out of the way and let God move us amazing things will happen. Your spontaneous, unscripted, Spirit led prayer time was just what this church needed. My hope, expectation and prayer is that we’ll continue to respond to the prompting of the Spirit and allow God to show us His direction for how we should be making disciples. Let’s not move, plan, do, orchestrate, strategize, manipulate, or whatever until God leads us. Yes, that may make us uncomfortable, and yes, people may think we’re crazy, but think about what they thought of Jesus and His first disciples,
“These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also, and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus” (Acts 17:6-7).
Oh that we would be a church that would turn the world upside down through God pouring out His Spirit through standing firm together striving side by side for the cause of the gospel! And may do this not for the sake of our name or the building of our kingdom, but for the sake of the name that is above all names and for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment