FAITH

Labels:

When I consider what others have faced this last week it begins to help me put some of my life into correct perspective. Too often I sit back in isolation and have a pity party for one reason or another. Usually the reason is not good…it’s just plain selfishness and “stinkin thinkin.” Let me explain, two families have faced funerals this week and two others are going through hospitalizations. These issues make any problems I face very miniscule. I have observed and noticed that in each case faith is what is getting these families through. Yes, faith…not luck…not money…not good planning…just plain, deep-rooted, white-knuckled, trust God faith.

I am still learning that faith is the absolutely non-negotiable ingredient we must all have in order to make it through everyday life. I think it is awesome how the writer of Hebrews defines faith:

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)

Dr. Ron Allchin defines faith as believing God’s Word and acting on it no matter how I feel, knowing that God promises a good result!

When we line things up and make plans A, B, C and D and then have an escape plan just in case everything falls apart, we are operating in our own strength and ingenuity. If things work out then we get the credit. But, if we just trust God and the promises He makes to us in His Word and then do something, then when things happen (no matter what) He gets the credit. By operating our life according to faith others will take note of an awesome God and how He got us through any and every circumstance we face.

So, those who are facing the difficulties walk in God’s promises today. Allow Him to take your hand and lead you through. Wherever He leads it will be just fine!

I can’t begin to tell you how much I love you all. You are precious to God and to me.

Love,

Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment