The Way We Get In Is The Way We Stay In

Labels:

By now the turkey has been picked clean to the bone. We’ve all had the leftovers…warmed up turkey dinner in a plastic container that will just keep eating a bigger hole in the ozone, turkey sandwiches, turkey mash, turkey casserole, turkey soup, turkey tetrazzini, turkey stir fry, etc. I hope you had as great a week as I have…church, family, friends, shopping at the Yellow Mall, movies, and looking for my “next-size up jeans.” This is a fabulous time of year for me personally, something I look forward to even more than my birthday. It has an allure to me and I fixate my mind on all the possibilities that these few days of Thanksgiving will present to me. I only have about 360 more days until next year…can’t wait!

The older I get the more my “thankfulness” takes on a deeper and more meaningful dimension. I used to be thankful just for the break from school, food, or a couple of days off. Now I don’t go to school, I can’t eat the way I used to, and I basically dictate the days I take off for the holiday. What I am truly thankful for now is the grace that God gives to me in everyday moments…the grace of life, love, family, friendship, worship, encouragement, unity, forgiveness, eternity, and so much more. I am now seeing everything and everyday as a gift of God’s immeasurable grace. I am experiencing these everyday moments as something that I truly have not earned or even deserved.

I am learning everyday that since I was saved by amazing grace that is how I need to live, by God’s amazing grace. Paul said it well,

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. (Colossians 2:6)

The way we got in is the way we stay in! That is a lesson I am growing in daily. This is not just something I want to learn for myself, it something I want my family to grow in and something I want Calvary to learn well as a church. We never stop learning and growing in the amazing, marvelous grace of God.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment