I've Been Married for 788,940,000 Seconds!

Labels: , ,

As I think of this week my mind wanders (yea, races) 25 years back. On Wednesday (6-3-09) Barb and I will “somewhat” celebrate our Silver Anniversary. It staggers my mind that this much time has gone by, and I am daily amazed at one person’s consistent love for me for so long. God is not only great, but also infinitely good. Barb has been nothing but supportive over the long haul. She has willingly followed everywhere we believed God would have us go. We bought a house that probably should have been condemned and lived in 750 sq. ft. for 5 years. She has put up with me bringing home both a puppy and a boat without really talking it through. She stayed at home while the kids were growing up. She goes without needs just so the kids (including me) can have what we want. She is the epitome of what it means to be a pastor’s wife (I sincerely believe you can’t find a better one). She is kind to others, loves to read, and prefers bad conversation to good TV. Best of all, she loves Jesus with all of her heart. She truly models what it means to be God’s daughter!

I write this to let you know what I bring to the table as a pastor. There are times when people look at me and think, “He’s not much smarter than monkey hair.” But, I’ve made at least three good decisions in my life: (1) I accepted Christ when I was 15, (2) I married Barb when I was 21, and (3) I came to Calvary when I was 43. Let the good times roll!

I offer this prayer: Abba, I stand amazed at all the good things you have given me. I am especially thankful for the wife You provided. You are so wise because you gave me the woman I needed to get me through this tough world. I thank you for redeeming my life and giving me a reason to wake up each day. Father, I thank you for calling me and placing me in your church—Calvary. Help my life to be a reflection of our goodness. AMEN!

Grace & Peace,

Scott

Comment (1)

Just this week, Ondray e mailed me to let me know that we have been married for 3962 days... only for me to read your blog and find out that you have yours figured to the second! :) Guess we did learn to treasure the small moments from the best.

Post a Comment