Right Place @ the Right Time

Labels:

It was a pretty uneventful day as Saturdays go, until...

After cleaning the eves with a borrowed pressure washer (thanks Keith) I wanted to get to the hospital at a specific time to check on a prospective church member who landed in CCU a couple of days ago. After checking on Jimmy's progress, which was good, and praying with him and his sweet wife, Gwen, I went back to the waiting room to say good-bye to the rest of the family. To my surprise all I saw were butts. Yes, I did write that. Almost everyone in the room was staring out the window just trying to get a glimps of somebody famous who was going to be visiting the hospital. No, none of us knew who that would be but we were all curious. After a cup of really bad coffee and some fun conversation I decided it was time to go home. Exit Scott. When the elevator opened on the ground floor I was greeted by a throng of police, hospital personnel, TV cameras, secret police, and all the other "what have you's."

I didn't get off, I just asked who all the fuss was over. The answer: Laura Bush. They said she was here to do a special promotion, or something like that, on the hospital. Kuddos to Spartanburg Regional Hospital. You are an awesome institution that takes excellent care of its patients. I hope Mrs. Bush does you proud.

I guess I was in the right place at the right time. And no, I didn't get to see her, but on my way out I did hear her voice as they were interviewing her.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment