It's a Tough Way to Get a New Car!

Labels:

On a Tuesday morning (9-7) Abby, our youngest, was on her way to get her braces off. This was going to be a good day! She was pumped. She spent the last two years and two months with these things in her mouth. She had to have her senior pictures postponed because the alternative was just unacceptable. Then something unexpected happened in a split second...she hit a delivery van.

The accident was about a mile from the house so I was able to get their fairly quickly. She was doing fantastic! When I looked at the car I couldn't believe she wasn't hurt. In fact, nobody was hurt. The guy in the delivery van didn't even realize he had been hit until he looked in his mirror.

Here's something else that is amazing...the traffic on Highway 9 or Boiling Springs Road is horrific unless you drive it at 3 a.m. This happened around 9:30 a.m. and hundreds of cars passed her by without a though of this young girl standing alone outside of her totaled car. So many went "rubber necking" by and didn't offer to help. She doesn't look like she's from the hood, but still no help. But two people did come to her rescue. One adult man in a pickup pulled up behind her to protect her. As I was walking from the parking lot to her another young man (a teenager) made a u-turn to help. I didn't get either of their names, but I am thankful these two stopped to make sure my daughter would be safe. I have prayed that the Lord would bless their lives for their act of kindness.

I guess I'm just trying to express how grateful I am that my baby girl didn't get hurt. I've always said that things don't matter, people do. This was a fresh reminder of that.

Looking for a Car,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment