3 Elements that Make Calvary Church Great to Pastor!

Labels: ,

I pastor the greatest church known to mankind! Now I realize that is a bold statement, but I believe that if I don't feel this way then I have to ask myself, "Why am I here?" Every pastor should feel this way about the congregation they under-shepherd, and at any time he feels like the grass is greener in another pasture then it's time to pack the books and move on. But let me tell you why I believe this particular group of Christ-followers is simply the best.

A God-Exalting Passion. The people at Calvary are truly striving to lift the name of God high above all others. This is a growing desire here that steers the ship. You just need to step into one of the services and you will sense this focus. We are not about gimmicks, glitz, or gold--we are about God!

A Family Atmosphere. While this is a trait many are trying to attain it is something that I believe Calvary has achieved. When you come week after week you just feel like you've come home. Every week is a family reunion. No, we are not perfect, but what family is?

A Truth-Hungry Appetite. Christians naturally love God's Word. They see the Bible as their lifeline to the heavenly Father and His instructions on how to live. When you come to Calvary you encounter a people who have a heavy appetite for that Word. You cannot come to Calvary without wanting to be taught.

These are only three of the factors that make Calvary Church the best. I love you and it is an honor to be your pastor. One of my prayers is that I will be able to return to the pastoral trend set back when the church first started in 1923. The first four pastors pastored the church for 62 years, and two of the first four pastors stayed for over 18 years. Let's get back to that pattern and see what God will do over the next 15 years!

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment