God's Love Is Constant

Labels:

What’s up with this crazy weather? I will be honest…I love it when the day gets up in the 60’s, the sun is shining and I can see the mountains to the north. But lately it seems that the weather changes to the next extreme the following day. You know, overcast and cold. You know what really lifts my spirits on days like today? I’m glad you’re interested. (And still reading!) I just sit down at the end of the day and watch the 10 o’clock news from Chicago, and when the weather report comes around I am thoroughly back on “cloud #9.” In fact, last night (Monday) they were having heavy snows and it was really cold! Praise the Lord we’re in the good old South!

Now, you may be wondering what all this has to do with anything. I’m glad you’re wondering that. Too often I allow circumstances (i.e., weather, day at the office, car problems, how other people treat me, etc.) to dictate my mood and level of joy. Sound familiar? You too? Good, then we’re on the same page. What I fail to realize is that God’s love for me is constant; it is unchanging; it is unmatchable; it is unsearchable. That realization helps to keep me from being knocked off center. God’s unfailing, eternal love is my compass that points my life “True North.”

Paul wrote, 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35, 38-39 NIV)

Remember this the next time you are “down” or discouraged. Truly if God is for us who can be against us!

Grace & Peace,

Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment