A Great Story

Labels:

I love to pass along a great story, especially if it touches our lives in some way. So, let me share with you something that happened last week that blew my mind.

On Wednesday night, after prayer and Bible study one of the visiting young ladies was getting ready to leave when she discovered that she had a flat tire. The first cool thing happened when Matthew Bayliff and David Brunson changed her tire and saw it as a privilege! You guys are truly awesome!! Everything is fine and good right? No, not everything is “hunky-dory.” She needed a new tire. Really she needed at least two new tires, but didn’t have the money at this time to get them. Now there is only one place I take my cars to get tires—Boiling Springs Tire. I trust the guys, they are honest, and they are fair. So I told Martha Seals to take this young lady down there on Thursday and we could work out a deal. I didn’t really know what that meant, but I figured the Lord could handle a couple of tires in twelve hours. Here’s what happened next…

They pull into Boiling Springs Tire on Thursday morning and share the story. They just happened to have two good tires with a lot of life left in them. They balance, rotate and put on the two tires. Now just wait, the story gets better. I stop by later in the day to pay up and you know what they told me, “Don’t worry about it; we’ve got it covered. Chuck didn’t want to charge you guys for the tires.” Wow!

I want to personally thank everyone involved…David, Matthew, Martha, Chuck, Todd, and all the guys down at Boiling Springs Tire. You showed Christ to someone who really needed to see Him. God used you to open a heart and pave the way for a truly meaningful encounter with the gospel. I taught something a long time ago: It is not enough to believe the gospel, you must live it!

On more than one occasion I’ve seen the people at Calvary jump at the chance to show Christ by helping others in need. I could not imagine a better people to pastor. (I also could not imagine a better place to have my tires taken care of than Boiling Springs Tire.) You all challenge my life and warm my heart.

Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment