In God's Care

Labels: , ,

We lose all kinds of things…keys, checkbook, pocketbook, glasses, the remote, etc. What do we do when we lose something? For me it depends on the item. If it’s not important to me at the moment then I put the lost item on the back burner and hope to run across it before I really need it. If it is something really important then you will find me frantically looking everywhere. I have pressed the panic button and you better not get in my way! Desperation is probably the key word for the day when I lose something that I really need right now.

What about when we lose someone we love from the very depths of our hearts? That is something altogether different. The Galloway (Bayliff) family has suffered great loss this week. In the span of 32 hours they lost both Cecil and Mary. We talk about the family’s great loss, but have they really? Yes! In a very real sense there is a significant feeling of loss. However, in another sense the Galloways (Bayliffs) have placed what they hold most dear to them in the safest place they could find…in the Heavenly Father’s Hands. There is no panic or desperation for them because they know for sure where Cecil and Mary are right now. There is comfort and hope written all over their faces. Comfort because the suffering has ended. Comfort because family and friends have surrounded them with love and kindness beyond measure. And hope because of the promise of the resurrection. Hope because they know one day they will see Cecil and Mary again.

I want to ask you if you have the same comfort and hope they have. Cecil Galloway and Mary Snyder are with Jesus in heaven today because their faith rested completely in what Jesus did on the cross for them. The cross made a difference in their lives, and you could certainly see it. They made a decision one day in their lives to trust in Christ’s death to get them to heaven. They knew their salvation rested in God’s grace through repentant faith (Ephesians 2:8-9). Do you know that too? If not, give me a call…I would love to talk to you about it.

Linda and family, we love you. Thank you for showing us how to make it through one day at a time. We continue to pray for your comfort and hope. Remember, you have made a deposit in heaven and one day your withdrawal will be amazing!

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment