The Best Use of My Time

Labels: ,

Don't live with regrets, live doing now what the Lord has called you to do. I have been known as a procrastinator at times, but in my defense I only put off the things I really don't want to do. Is that considered procrastination or hopeful living? By "hopeful living" I mean that if I put something off long enough I am hoping that it will either take care of itself or so much time will elapse that it doesn't matter if I do it or not. For example, mowing the lawn. I like yard work, to a certain degree. But if I procrastinate cutting the grass eventually it won't matter because winter will be here and nobody notices my yard in the winter. Ok, its not "hopeful living," its procrastination. No matter which way you cut it (no pun intended) putting off what God has called you to do is not good practice.

Paul wrote, "making the best use of the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:16 ESV).

The world we live in claws for every minute of our day; some of that clawing is for good activities, but some, as Paul warns, are for no good at all. We live in days that are filled with evil and this is the motivation we need to get done what God has called us to do.

Think through this new year keeping in mind that it is a new opportunity God is giving you to do His will. What is He calling you to do? Write that down and being doing it today. Look at your relationships, look at your vocation, look at your whole life and see them as gifts. These are gifts of which you are a steward. Now make the best use of your time and just do it. Don't put off to tomorrow what God is calling you to do today!

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment