Psalms for Pilgrims

Labels:

Currently I am preaching a series of messages that cover Psalms 120-134. Popular opinion believes these psalms are a collection of songs that were sung by the Israelites as they travelled to Jerusalem for worship at one of the three annual festivals. This trip presented the Jew with time to reflect on all that God was and did for them; it was a time to rehash the "good things" and rehearse for the great gathering of Jews in the holy city.

These 15 psalms present a view of life that really shouldn't be that foreign to a believer. Too often we fret and fume about life...we don't think God has given us any help along the way. I find believers who say they believe God's Word, but refuse to practice God's Word in every day living.

I find this study a challenge to my own walk with God. I also find these psalms comforting as I face the issues the Jews faced thousands of years ago. I would ask everyone reading this blog to read these 15 psalms everyday for a month. While doing this write down key truths presented in each psalm. And then live by these themes.

Ancora Imparo,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment