I Am Not a Racist

Labels: , ,

I don't have a racist bone in my body (at least that is what I think). In fact I tell people that the first time I remember being south of the Mason-Dixon line was when I was probably 10 years old. I was born in Alaska so I didn't have much of a chance to interact with other races except Eskimos. I abhor racism and derogatory remarks made toward anybody. God created us in His image, and when He created Adam and Eve He created in them all future races. Why should we disparage any race when that God doesn't. Having said that let me share something with you...

I teach a non-denominational Bible study once a week to a group of wonderful senior citizens. Out of the 35 that come week-after-week only about 5 are white. I have been doing this for 2 years now and love it immensely! I have talked to them about race and God's view of the issue. In particular when teaching through Ephesians we came across the passage:

For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. (2:14-16)

I'm just saying that one of the purposes of the cross is to create one new race. It is not a black race or white race or red race or any other race. This is a new race in Christ! It is the cross that brings about reconciliation.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment