Our Marriage By the Numbers!

Labels: , ,

This week (June 3) Barb and I celebrate our wedding anniversary. I remember the Saturday evening we gathered at the little church in Pound, Wisconsin to rehearse the wedding. I remember taking a walk around the neighborhood with my sister, Julie, to talk about marriage. I remember getting up the next morning and going to church with my brother, Jack. I remember being excited as we drove up to the church that afternoon for the wedding. I remember all our friends and family who came. I remember hearing later that summer that a date of a friend accepted Christ as a result of the wedding. I remember being nervous. I remember cutting the cake and not returning to the reception because of all the pictures we had yet to take. I remember leaving for the honeymoon and stopping at a burger joint because we were starved (remember, we missed the reception). And...well, that's as far as I am going to share remembering with you!

Here is our marriage by the numbers...

We have owned 27 cars and been married for 26 years! We've lived in 14 different dorm rooms, trailers, apartments and houses. We have served in 6 churches in 4 states. God has blessed us with 4 children. In all of this I have only had 1 wife! She is the woman God blessed my life with...there have been no others, and I would never shop around for another! Barb is the first, and only, girl I ever said, "I love you" to in a romantic way. She is my best friend and knows me better than anyone else, and she still loves and accepts me.

I constantly thank God for Barb. She is truly the best thing I have going for me personally. I love her with all my heart and want to spend the next 26 years learning more about her--Ancora Imparo! One of our prayers and desires is to show our kids and the church that a good marriage is possible, but a great marriage takes hard work! I still enjoy thinking about marriage the way Jesus did in Mark 10:6-9--One woman for one man for one lifetime! It's not a fairytale, but please don't wake Barb!

I Love You, Barb,
Scott

Comment (1)

Hello, Pastor Linnerud! I'm not sure you will remember me, but I stumbled upon your blog through the Johnson Crew. My name is MaryAnn (Bailey). I was a Northland student that came to Central Baptist in Stephenson, MI. I was a freshman the year that you moved so we both there only one semester. I remember many good times with your family though & I wanted to say that your post about Barb is very sweet. I'm approaching my first wedding anniversary next month & I agree that a great marriage is work, but very good work that is a blessing from God.

Post a Comment