Celebrating 6 Years at Calvary!

Labels:


The body of Calvary Church encourages me! Thank you so much for the generous gift on my sixth anniversary at Calvary Church. I will put it to good use as I’ve been thinking about getting SCUBA certified with my brother, Jack. Yes, that is one of the things on my “bucket list.” It’s either that or skydiving!

These years have gone by so quickly, and I stand amazed at all that God has accomplished in such a short time. Can you even imagine what the next six years will bring? As I look back on these years together what I see most prominently are the faces of people – you! I am so blessed, honored and humbled to pastor such a wonderful church. The business of church work is first and foremost about honoring God through discipling people. What I desire most is to see each of you take steps in your life spiritually that will bring more and more glory to a wonderful and great God.

I also want to praise the name of the Lord for a great time at our annual cookout, and I want to thank the Recreation and Fellowship Committee for organizing, gathering, preparing and cooking to make our afternoon so great. I noticed that we have quite a few avid fishermen…uh, fisherwomen…mmm, fisher-people in our family. It is truly a joy to see you out there in a different context than the four walls of 4000 Parris Bridge Road. Something to think about…fishing contest?! I do believe Bascom Ford wins the prize this year for the biggest catch with a 6’ 8” Zebco, caught late in the day; our hats off to you brother! I’m just saddened that we didn’t get to the “toss the new members in the lake” activity.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment