Vacation! AHHHHHH

Labels: ,


This last week has been a wonderful week of vacation. I appreciated the opportunity to take some time off, sit poolside, and enjoy my family. I’ve discovered that it takes about 2 days to finally feel relaxed. Until then I am a pretty keyed up person. Ok, to be honest an 8 hour day on the interstates of South Carolina, Georgia and Florida don’t help, neither does getting awakened at 3:11 am to the sound of your neighbors fighting, nor witnessing the near drowning of a four year old, but I guess these are things I need to learn to take in stride when leaving the comforts of the small, unincorporated town of Boiling Springs. But there were so many good things during the week…the laughter of adult kids playing Nertz, 24 hours a day for a whole week with Barb, getting to see my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, newly married niece, and great nephew, and spending a day at “Harry Potter World.” Yeah, all that stuff is good! Overall the good definitely outweighed the bad!

I missed my Calvary Church family while I was gone and can’t wait to see you Sunday morning! One of the truly soul satisfying, Christ exalting things I do with my life is teaching the Word. Every opportunity I have to open God’s sacred Book and explain what it has to say fills my heart with joy. I hope you will be there as we look at the second thing a lazy person will not do – Start Things (Proverbs 26:14).

That’s all I have for now. I’ll get back to enjoying my view of the pool from five stories high!

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment