Spring Break with "My Girls"

Labels:


We recently (3/30/09 - 4/1/09) took a trip south to visit family in Florida. It was just me and "my girls" (Barb, Court & Abby). We had a wonderful time, but at the same time it saddens me because the era of the entire Linnerud Clan making that trip is over. The guys (Ben & Blake) both being at Clemson University prevents them from enjoying this family time because spring breaks don't coincide. What is pretty cool is that both the guys went to Florida during their spring break and ended up at Mema & Papa's. Of course they didn't go together...its a brother thing you know.

Family is important to me and unfortunately along the way I have made way too many mistakes in the parenting department. I have tried to turn the corner in the last six years and only time will tell if I did it in time. One of my goals in life is to come to the end and be respected and loved by my family...I mean really respected and loved. I don't want my kids to feel this way because we are genetically connected; I want them to feel this way because they really do.

My kids are off the hook...what I would call the best on this ball of dirt we call earth. There is nothing in me to deserve the four and there is nothing I would not do for them. I just hope I communicate that to them in a loud and clear way. Again, time will tell.

Cat's In the Cradle,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment