Happy Birthday to Me

Labels: ,

Today (10.27.09) I celebrate my 47th birthday. I was born in a small hospital in a small sea side town in Alaska. The view from the hospital room was breathtaking as the picture testifies. My mom tells me there were only two babies in the nursery so she is sure I am hers. On the way to the hospital my dad had to stop for coffee. Now I know where my brother gets this habit from. You see, whenever Jack and I take a trip we stop at least three times before we make it out of Spartanburg County to stop for coffee.

Today I am alive and this is one reason I am pro-life. I am also staunchly against abortion because I firmly believe life begins at conception. It is at that moment that God breathes into a tiny baby life. Any other view in my opinion is unacceptable. I agree with David when he wrote,

For you formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
My soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:13-14 ESV)

I will always be grateful that my parents chose life for me.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment