Sunday Happened!

Labels: ,

The Lord knows exactly what we need, when we need it and how we need it. I think all of us at Calvary Church have been a little discouraged lately. We have looked around and seen the low attendance at all of the worship services; we just seemed to be off a little lately. Now, I don't like to focus on the numbers and this is something I have especially struggled with lately. I have noticed that whenever numbers becomes my focus then the Lord is not. I believe He wants us to be fully satisfied in Him and Him alone. But the struggle is still there. I must confess that last week was a depressingly difficult week for me.

But then Sunday happened! I was so looking forward to being with the Calvary family on Sunday that I could hardly stand it. It was good to see familiar faces that haven't been able to come for one reason or another. And it was refreshing to see some new faces. But it is always wonderful to see the faces we see each week...I never get tired of "the same old crowd"! At the end of a great time of worship through the Lord's Table, six people stepped out and risked everything to join the family (I believe soon we will have two more). I don't know about you, but I simply can't get over people joining Calvary Baptist Church. It touches my heart in ways that I cannot describe.

I am excited about the Elder and Molinas. These two families came as a result of the influence of two other families (the Elders and Galloways) who joined Calvary in the last couple of years. I believe God will use our new additions to help us better honor His majesty and build people's lives. Welcome and God bless you for believing in us!

Homecoming is just a week away. I look forward to reconnecting with old friends. I also look forward to bragging on what God is doing at His church. I want the world to know what a great church Calvary is! I hope to see you there and that you are encouraging others to come.

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment