Stuff in My Office

Labels: ,

We all forget about things from time-to-time. Sometimes when we forget it is not a big deal, but at other times it can be earth shattering. For instance, if I forget to stop at the store and pick up the gallon of milk Barb asked me to get I can put that in the "no big deal" category. However, if I forget about our anniversary it is pretty much of a guarantee that I can put that in the "you are in big trouble and sleeping on the couch tonight" category!

If you are like me you need reminders, and so I surround myself with stickie notes on my desk (yes, I have them on my computer too) and a white board in my office and alarms that go off on my phone...I even have reminders to remind me to look at my reminders just in case I forget. Does that sound familiar? I hope I'm not the only one.

Now one thing I certainly don't want to forget about is to pray. And so, I try to put things in my office, on my computer and in my car to remind me to pray for family, church and myself (to mention a few). Let me talk about "stuff in my office." Through the years people have given me things for my office and I can basically tell you who gave me what and when. The pictures and paperweights may not match the decor but they definitely serve a purpose. Let me explain...

As I walk around my office something will catch my eye and when I look at it I am reminded of somebody and that in turn reminds me to pray for them. I have found it to be a pretty cool thing to do and it has helped me in my walk with God by praying for you. This is not a solicitation to get "stuff" for my office unless you want to turn a five dollar bill in a pant suit; it is just something I thought I would pass on to you. Maybe you could use it, may be not...I was just thinking.

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you always in my prayers... (Romans 1:9-10a).

Grace & Peace,
Scott

Comments (0)

Post a Comment